- 1 large head cauliflower, core removed + chopped
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, ghee or vegan butter
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, or parsley
- 1/2 – 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic granules
- Steam the cauliflower for about 12-16 minutes, until very tender.
- Place in a blender [having a plunger helps] or food processor with all other ingredients, starting with 1/2 cup milk.
- Blend or process until smooth, scarping the sides as needed.
- Add more milk until desired consistency is reached and continue to blend until fully smooth. About 1-2 minutes total. Taste and add more salt/pepper/spices if desired and blend again.
- If the puree has cooled a bit, heat over medium, stirring constantly until hot. About 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with a sprinkle of salt, pepper, and butter.
Source: EdiblePerspectivePosted on Apr 5 with 7 notes